Friday, August 21, 2015

7 Questions with Kat of BLASTFORME





Describe BLATSFORME

Kat - Well I don't know who BLATSFORME is but they probably suck! Haha BLASTFORME, 5 people picked to play in a band and have their lives taped..Everything but the kitchen sink and inspired by life and all facets of music. Female fronted and male driven.
 
What sets you apart from the rest of the Connecticut punk scene?

Kat -  What sets us apart from the rest of CTs punk scene is that we don't exactly play the part. Seems like the scene thrives on individuality yet most follow a protocol of style. I like to look pretty and wear dresses, not very punk is it?! 
 
Who is your favorite CT punk band?
 
Kat -  The Black Noise Scam is my favorite Ct punk band and no Jeff I'm not sucking up because I don't like you personally just your music.... I kid!


What is the best thing about being in a badass band?


Kat -  I don't know what it's like to be in a bad ass band just yet but when I do I'll let you know......I'm a Fucking comedian, I know! Meeting new awesome people, sharing great conversation and experiences plus this band is my therapy so without it there may be another deranged killer on the loose.

What are your personal musical influences?


Kat -  Annie Lennox and James Brown are my biggest musical influences.

Black Flag or The Rolling Stones?


Kat -  Overrated and over the hill, I'm sorry did I say that out loud. If I really have to choose then The Rolling Stones.

What is your favorite club/bar/hall to play in in the state of CT (past or present)


Kat -  I loved playing at The Palace Theatre in Stafford Springs; amazing acoustics and sound engineers. Its always fun to play the Webster Underground as well.


BLASTFORME plays this Sunday at Cherry St Station in Wallingford as part of the Ct Summer Punk Fest.

www.facebook.com/pages/Blastforme/194807497199872?fref=ts


No comments:

Post a Comment