Monday, September 14, 2015

7 Questions with J Prozac


 If you don't know who The Prozacs are then you aren't a punk rock fan in the Northeast. After releasing a slew of albums, singles, and splits frontman J Prozac has since released  a solo record and formed the Stiletto Bomb, and Doubtfire. To say he is a busy man is an understatement. Stiletto Bomb plays Three Sheets in New Haven on Friday September 25th. Check out 7 questions and go to Three Sheets fr a kick ass show.



 
1. Who are you and what do you want?

J. ProzacI'm J Prozac and I want to rock!

2. You have a new project Doubtfire out now. What is the story behind the band?

J ProzacDoubtfire is a studio colaboration with Bil McRackin, front egg of the 20+ year Vancouver, Canadian punk band the McRackins. Our bands split a 7" a few years back, and we got to talking about maybe writing a couple tunes together and maybe just send recordings back and forth to record them. It quickly escalated to doing an album. We both wrote songs, music only, then traded off demos and wrote lyrics and melody to each others tunes. I went to Vancouver for a week in the summer of 2013 and we recorded the album. We both doing leads and backing vox, handclaps and played guitar. Bil did the bass, drums and additional overdubs. He also recorded, mixed and masteted it. Bil suggested the name and we ran with it. Our mutual German friend Ole O'Brian did the cover art and I put together the layout. On September 22nd, the album comes out on CD with Jerkoff/Ratgirl Records!
 

3. Will we ever see another solo record?

J Prozac I've been banging around some tunes that would fit nicely into a follow up solo album, but I'm not sure where they will end up yet. It all depends what band the tunes filter thru what the outcome will be. Let's just see how this rolls!

4. What is your favorite venue that you have ever played at?

J Prozac - Damn, favorite venue? I don't really even know. Maybe the Creepy Crawl in St. Louiswith The GrandPrixx? Or the Dagger House with The Prozacs...also in St. Louis? The Old Store in Palmer, Mass was one of best....as well as The Elvis Room in Portsmouth, NH...both in my GrandPrixx days!

5. You're playing New Haven soon (September 25th at Three Sheets), What is your favorite
memory of New Haven?

J ProzacYes yes! Super excited to play New Haven at Three Sheets! It's been years since I've played or been to a show in New Haven. I frequented the New Haven area very often in the 90's for shows and BMX. Seeing Against All Authority & Assorted Jelly Beans at the Tune Inn is just one of many many great memories there. Also, pulling my first feeble grind (on my bike) down a handrail at one of the City buildings downtown around 1995 was a stand out!


6.What are your top 5 favorite records of all time?

J Prozac -
 1. Mr. T Experience : Love Is Dead 
2. The Mopes : Accident Waiting To Happen 
3. The Invalides : Out Of My Head 
4. Screeching Weasel : Boogada thru Major Label Debut
 5. The Queers : Love Songs For The Retarded

This isn't fair! There's like 50 albums that could fill out this top 5 at anytime!


7. How has punk rock changed your life? 

J ProzacPunk Rock/BMX has lead me into & influenced my decisions of almost everything I have done and everywhere i have gone in life since highschool. It's where I have made the majority of my life long friends in life and is very prominent in my home and family life. It's what I am!

"In The Music" video ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y5tcKKLiTE




FACEBOOK INVITE -> https://www.facebook.com/events/1028927227138016/

No comments:

Post a Comment